Chicago sextet Umphrey’s McGee, kings of melodic, shape-shifting rock, will spend the week leading up to the release of their electrifying new album ‘Death By Stereo’ (September 13, ATO) dominating the Big Apple with ten sets of “impeccable playing and pristine arrangements” (Village Voice) jam-packed into four days. The variety of unique performances – ranging from four marathon shows at Brooklyn Bowl to an intimate Apple Store event – will showcase why they are regarded as one of today’s most innovative acts on stage and in studio.
Brooklyn Bowl Residency
* Umphrey’s will take over rock hot-spot Brooklyn Bowl from September 6-9 with a four-night run highlighting brand-new songs from ‘Death By Stereo,’ classics, rarities, and oddball covers.
* Umphrey’s will take part in a special one-hour performance at the Livestream studio on September 7th that will stream in real time across the web from 2-3 pm EDT. Stay tuned to the Shore Fire page for the direct link.
Stew Art Series (S2)
* Prior to the third Brooklyn Bowl show (9/8), Umphrey’s will hold one of their signature Stew Art Series (S2) events, in which fans take direct part in the band’s jamming through text messaging. Fans send descriptive words, phrases, and pop culture references to an on-stage screen, which are read by the band and immediately interpreted through the music. Read TIME.com’s story on S2 here: http://ti.me/aRcvz1
SoHo Apple Store Performance
* On September 9, Umphrey’s will perform an intimate free encore of the S2event at the SoHo Apple Store that will incorporate FaceTime (103 Prince St.).
* The final night of Umphrey’s Brooklyn Bowl run (9/9) will stream live on Sirius XM’s ‘Jam On’ channel.
Stay tuned for additional details on these shows and links to the streaming content.